Sign In  |  Join Now Become a member to add links and start earning points!

Tutorial 9 – Now Open!

It’s been nearly a year since GreyCobra was taken offline, and now is the time of our return, as a collective group of authors and developers!

I can’t express to anyone here how difficult it was taking a project like GreyCobra off the net. Hundreds of Tutorials gone, a Community of 15,000 wiped away, and several years of work lost. In retrospect, there was not much we could have done to prevent it’s demise with the onslaught of hackers we endured. However, all of this is history now, and we’re back, planning to be better than ever before.

We’ve made the decision to run our new site on the WordPress Blog, a highly expandable, very customizable blogging content management system. What does this mean for you?

• More frequent tutorials published by Tutorial9 Staff and Guest Authors.
  • More organized content, divided into categories and sub-categories so you can browse freely.
  • Easy Updates on brand new News and Tutorials for those of you who subscribe to our RSS Feed.
  • An easy way to discuss tutorials and news with the Comment System (which supports Gravatars).

Not to mention, added security so we don’t see Tutorial9 crashing down anytime soon.

Anyways, we are really looking forward to making this re entrance into the Tutorial Community once again, and can’t wait to start working with all of you again. Thank you for all of your continued support, and if you’re new, welcome to the community!

30 Comments

1. Add point Subtract point

Great reading! Thanks for sharing135

2. Add point Subtract point
    โหลดเพลงฟรี (1 Point) February 1, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Great reading! Thanks for sharing128

3. Add point Subtract point
    ฟังเพลงใหม่ (1 Point) January 30, 2010 at 7:43 am

Great reading! Thanks for sharing

4. Add point Subtract point

Hey this sounds so great. David you should send one of those VIP beta slots my way. I would be ever so happy to beta the new forums.

5. Add point Subtract point
    islam islami sohbet (1 Point) January 4, 2008 at 8:51 am

Very nice to hear about the launch.
    Thanks..

6. Add point Subtract point
    Tribalist (1 Point) December 31, 2007 at 4:13 am

i am using an old tutorial to make a 3d logo using cinema 4d :P however since this website is still under development, can someone link me to a contact page or something for support on this?

7. Add point Subtract point

I like the new design alot! its simple and the clouds is cool too!
    My favourite style is vector so this design really match my photoshop style

8. Add point Subtract point

hey, welcome to the web, but, i really miss GC; i dont know if Tutorial 9 is better.
    There´s not registering, there´s not post (i had almost 2000 and everything is lost)
    I was waiting GC return, and this dont happened.
    good luck guys

9. Add point Subtract point

Will the tutorials on signature making be returning or no? They really helped me start making some good detailed sigs that werent just brushing.

10. Add point Subtract point

woot i recognize mass ppl as well

11. Add point Subtract point

Way to go guys, Greycobra was the site that introduce me to photoshop and other cool softwares. after that you guys went down so i had to practice on my own…:( but now im happy so i can show my skillz on your site. :)

12. Add point Subtract point

Finally the website is up XD. Also how would one go about submitting something to this site?

13. Add point Subtract point
    Free2fall (1 Point) December 14, 2007 at 4:11 pm

Great to see you guys are back, will check back from time to time. Hope you get a forum up soon.
    Will any of the old tuorials and things be back up on here?

14. Add point Subtract point
    MPCoyote (1 Point) December 13, 2007 at 9:13 pm

I agree great to see everyone again!
    And I need to ask, will there be a forum part added to t9? the forum on the old GC was simply amazing for c&c and just getting help or talking with other artists, I’ve never found another like it.

15. Add point Subtract point
    InfinityXero (1 Point) December 13, 2007 at 5:40 pm

I recognize alot of you here… Hi all =)

16. Add point Subtract point

So, graycobra back?? I hope all the old members will be back as well.

17. Add point Subtract point

We’re back baby!!!! Had to say it. Should be great once it gets started rolling again as those of us who have stuck around probably know a lot more.

18. Add point Subtract point

It’s great to see so many old GreyCobra members around here already.

Fredrik aka Molnies

19. Add point Subtract point

Greycobra was #1 and always will be. I’m ecstatic to see it take another go.

20. Add point Subtract point
    Steve (SaintJimmy) (1 Point) December 10, 2007 at 9:20 pm

Awesome to see something going again guys. Great job.

21. Add point Subtract point

nice to see something happening.
    bring back the forums! lol

22. Add point Subtract point

@ Matt – I believe I mentioned elsewhere that the forums are being looked into as a future development. We’ll see about that sometime… can’t say when though.

@ cruddpuppet – The Categories here are all dynamic, so they will only appear in the header after there is a tutorial to fill it’s position. Yes, there will be PHP tutorials, as well as other web development tutorials. You’ll probably also see a photography category sometime soon.

23. Add point Subtract point
    cruddpuppet (1 Point) December 9, 2007 at 7:33 pm

If there are going to be PHP/coding tutorials, I’ll be glad to help.

24. Add point Subtract point

I miss GC Forums although I wasn’t active :( To me the forum theme was really nice, all websites are really brite colored now…:P

25. Add point Subtract point

@ Brian – We’ve got a huge database file of hundreds of tutorials, but we’re missing LOTS of images to go along with the text. On top of that, reflecting back on a lot of these old tutorials shows us that we could improve a whole lot on them.

We will probably be releasing lots of old tutorials in the future, but we will be revising each entry to rise to our new standards. We’ll also have to format each entry for the new site, so it won’t be an immediate process or anything.

Until then, we hope you’ll enjoy some of our brand new material!

26. Add point Subtract point

So will we see the old tuts making a comeback?

27. Add point Subtract point
    cruddpuppet (1 Point) December 9, 2007 at 2:47 pm

It’s about time this site came back :)

28. Add point Subtract point

Howdy Michael,

We’ve always known that we were going to give it another go, we just had to find a good time to get things organized and rolling. We’re happy to be back!

29. Add point Subtract point
    michael gasser (1 Point) December 8, 2007 at 12:58 pm

wow. i kinda drop my Photo Shop hobby for about a year and a half. grey cobra way the go to site for any thing Digital Graphics. thats really a sad story. i’m glad you guys decided to regroup give it a nuther go. Tally ho Mates.