- Articles & Inspiration
- Submit link +
Tutorial9 Preview Update #1
It’s only been 3 days since the Tutorial9 Preview launch, and we’re already hard at work on adding new features, and responding to your feedback. Take a look at some of the updates so far:
One of the big goals of the new Tutorial9 is cultivating a fun, and helpful social experience. We’ve got our work cut out for us in this ambition.
Member notifications are the first step in providing more meaningful discussion on the site. With notifications, tracking your personal discussions on Tutorial9 is much easier. If someone replies to a comment you make, you can quickly jump to that comment and follow-up if you choose to (or give them an upvote if they were helpful!)
Comment reply notifications will especially come in handy in socially geared forums on Tutorial9, something you’ll hear more about very soon.
The system can only track discussions for registered Tutorial9 members. At the moment, only comment replies are tracked, but further functionality is planned (link approved/denied, tracking specific discussions). An option to receive email updates is also in the works.
We’ve added several new stickers in the first few days post-launch. Many more are planned (as well as a system for creating your own).
More stickers coming soon folks! We’ve had to focus a lot of our efforts on fixing some bugs this week!
We <3 hearing from you
It really makes our day when people let us know how we’re doing (the good & bad, it’s all very useful to us)! Let us know if you have any thoughts, ideas, or if you have a bone to pick with us.
- Added a notifications system that shows users replies to comments they’ve made. Additional notification types coming soon.
- Fixed an error that was not allowing users to recover passwords.
- New Stickers added: “Talkative”, “30 Comments”, “The Big One-One-Zero”
- Minor style fixes (Thanks Andrew for help with CSS3 Transitions)
- Thumbnails no longer required when submitting links to speed up the process. Thumbnails generated by Tutorial9 staff.
- Share buttons added to posts, downloads, and links (Twitter & Facebook).
- Default Tutorial9 Feed now shows posts and links. [Custom feeds coming soon]
- Performance tweaks.